High-Speed Baseband Signal Propagation Engineer
HYPHY is Hiring a Full-time Signal Propagation Engineer!
HYPHY is a fast-paced, globally distributed semiconductor start-up that is commercialising revolutionary Spread Spectrum Video Transport. SSVT carries 10X the video information through the same pipes with 1/10th the silicon. Having proven its patented technology, the company is preparing to exit stealth mode lighting up the largest, deepest colour 8K displays.
Position: High-Speed Baseband Signal Propagation Engineer
Hiring Manager: VP System Engineering
Experienced RF engineer, design experience with DACs/ADCs, implementation and debugging.
The ideal candidate is also familiar with principles of engineering video systems and communication over transmission lines.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in either discrete RF circuit design or discrete analogue circuit design
- Experience in High-Speed transmission lines, modulation techniques and spread spectrum up to 2G
- Proficiency using modeling and simulation software such as ADS and LTspice
- Knowledge of linear, non-linear, A/D, D/A and power circuits
- Bench prototyping skills, testing and debugging
- Python (SciPy) programming – advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong capabilities with project management and documentation
Responsibilities: We are looking for a Hardware Engineer with a broad design of RF and high speed systems, preferably with a background in video design, reporting to the Hardware Engineering manager and will be responsible for:
- Design analogue and digital circuits
- Design product functional blocks and choose appropriate components
- Design and develop test methods
- Write engineering documentation including requirements, architecture and design
Educational background: BSc in Electrical/Electronics, Communication Engineering or Applied Physics.
Must be qualified to work with USA, Australian, Chinese, and/or Singaporean entities.
HYPHY is a globally distributed company, relying on remote collaboration amongst uniquely talented and skilled people; HYPHY intends to support the successful applicant in their current location.
Compensation Expectations: Market, for this stage.
Here is a list of the people involved in this particular recruitment process:
Core Recruitment Team:
Dennis McDonald, Advisor
Tony Pullen, Process Controller
Hiring Manager: Eyal Friedman; VP System Engineering
Technical Advisor: Rob Hannebauer, Technical Leader
Kibbitzer: Todd Rockoff, CEO